PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tories Pinpoint 3 Projects for Cuts
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2009, 17:35
NutLoose

Received 2,925 Likes on 1,250 Posts
Other changes for the environment would be any companies discharging into rivers would be required to carry this out up stream of their water source, therefore ensuring that what they discharge is clean.

The 99 plastic wheelie bins would go, the recycling bins, bin police, chipped bins would be reduced to naught.........
I cannot see any sense in blowing the budget to recyle plastics and packaging which makes up the majority of household waste..........

all that extra expense in an instance gone off our council taxes bills and the real culprits in this, the companies producing all this excess packaging in the first place would be fined if they did not reduce it, you do not need to recycle what has not been produced, recycling a paper box is pointless if due to a reduction in packaging that paper box is still a tree. It is better to save what you have, rather than produce something not needed and THEN try to recycle it.

God i'm sounding like a tree hugger, but how did we ever get to the point of wrapping our rubbish up in a plastic bin bag before we dump it?...... that has got to be the most idiotic and also most succesful brainwashing campaign ever...... want to throw some garden waste away?, allow me to sell you a plastic bag so you can throw that away with it too.......... I would also simply make carrier bags illegal.