PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR flight planning and navigation software I've written
Old 17th Sep 2009, 14:51
Tim Dawson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SkyAngel 0.9.3 Released!

Hi Guys,

A new version of SkyAngel (0.9.3) has been posted on the site. This new version has lots of exciting new features and changes (detailed below). Get it while it's hot! Please note that any routes saved from a previous version probably won't load in this one due to changes in the file format.

The guys at flightnav.co.uk have produced their own dataset compatible with this release that adds loads of UK airfields beyond the ones that ship with the product. I expect they'll post on here presently telling you where to get that data.

New Features
---
Weight and Balance calculation added (automatically integrates with fuel planning)
An aircraft database is now maintained within the software for easy switching between aircraft
NOTAM filtering allows specifying of proximity to route and the dates and times you are interested in
Double-clicking an airfield now brings up a page full of information about it (including graphical depiction of runways and radio aids)
User waypoints are now editable
The units for displaying distances and speeds are configurable (nm, sm or km)
The units for displaying fuel volumes are configurable (ltr, us gal, imp gal)
There are now settings for the overall route TAS and Level on the toolbar

Data Improvements
---
Stansted TMZs added
Irish airspace data completely redone from AIP
All airfield-based radio navigation aids are now mapped
All communications frequencies associated with airfields are now known

Other Improvements/Fixes
---
Airfield-based radio navigation aids are now drawn offset from the airfield itself for clarity, like on CAA charts
The PLOG window now has a Page Setup button making it easy to specify page size and portrait/landscape preferences
Graphically plotting a route that finished where it started was not possible
Place names in Wales and Ireland are now displayed in English rather than their local variants
When dragging a route or turning point, if the mouse is released with no waypoint under the cursor and the control key is held down, a user waypoint is created
User waypoints were incorrectly labelled with their coordinates instead of their name, in the PLOG
Fuel calculations are now displayed on the PLOG
Microlighting sites are now waypoints, so you can fly by (or to) them
The allowed proximity of weather stations to the planned route can now be specified
Countries no longer disappear when zoomed in and there is no detailed data for them

I hope you all enjoy using it as much as I enjoyed creating it.