PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Purpose of boarding card 'check' at aircraft door
Old 17th Sep 2009, 12:43
Rusland 17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Final 3 Greens
Let's get one thing straight, the CC have to check the boarding passes on UK airlines to comply with regulations, no discussions...

Lufthansa/Swiss don't check BPs at the door, are your saying that they do not understand how to run their business?

As I said, the crew have to do them on UK airlines, but I disagree with your reasoning.
I probably haven't travelled with as many airlines as you have, F3G, as I tend to stick to the same airlines depending upon where I'm going (and who's paying!).

But over the past year I've probably flown with a dozen different airlines, including BA, KLM, Air France, Austrian, Aeroflot and Thai, and I cannot recall ever boarding a plane and not being asked to show my boarding pass.

It seems to me to be a perfectly sensible final check that the passenger is on the correct aircraft (especially if you've walked or been bussed to the plane), and it really is so little trouble for the passenger that I don't understand the objections made against it.