PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 17th Sep 2009, 10:48
Cloud Bunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi chaps. At the moment I'm not in the application process for FlyDubai however am looking at it in the next 18 months or so. My Mrs has a chance to head out there and we are considering it as from what we reckon we can save some cash to help us with getting on the property ladder back here in the UK. However, reading some of the posts on here I am a little confused as I seem to be getting conflicting information from people I know living out there (not flying) and this site.
With regard to the salary package as it is a the moment is the Housing Allowance of 12,000 part of the 17,000 Basic pay? Meaning if you spend all of your housing allowance you are left with just 5,000AED out of your basic pay? From what I understand from my friends that would make living there pretty much impossible. If not, then I can't quite understand why there is so much negativity towards the pay. If you take the basic pay, transport allowance and sector pay (based on the 80 hours which I know you're not flying at the moment because of the early days of the operation) that totals 26,700AED which when converted into GBP is £4,400. If your rent is then a seperate allowance from which you could also squeeze out your utilities if you don't blow it all on rent then surely this is an improvement over most jobs out there. I get currently about £3,500-£3,800 a month in my 737-800 job here in the UK and out of that comes rent, utilities, car costs etc etc. To me looking at it the FD package is very good. I know about the other aspects of living costs in Dubai from people I know who live out there and bearing in mind that we will be a two income household I can't see how a move out to FD would be anything but a good one. Please can someone clarify this for me as being positive is clearly wrong!! FYI the Mrs would be on the equivalent of £3,000/month (about 18,000AED), with various insurances and a car. Would we survive???
Thank you chaps. I have other questions relating to flying in the Middle East and Sub Continent but one a time eh??!!!