PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ease up on U.S. airport screening?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2002, 02:04
askcv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The latest huge power grab by the US federal Govt is just another example of how the 9/11 situation has been hijacked by the politicians for their own agrandizement. It is sickening to me how the American public allows themselves to be tricked and fooled on a daily basis.

Never mind the useless "enhanced security" as practiced in the US, what about the sharp end? There were four airplanes taken by terrorists, armed with only box cutters, and out-numbered ten to one. Three ended up being used to murder thousands more, but one failed to do so, being brought down in a field instead. Although I would have hoped for a beter outcome, at least the passengers did try to take the airplane back. Why did the other passengers not also try to recover, or better, prevent the takeover?

The answer was, of course, that the flight crew and passengers were following government and airline policy; to cooperate with the hijackers. Unfortunately that policy was wrong, but at the time we did not know it. Now we know better. Or do we?

I am still waiting for the FAA to come up with a better recommendation. Until they do, 9/11 can happen again.