PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farewell to "Sharpie".
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2009, 07:26
tail wheel

Received 204 Likes on 115 Posts
Hi Pauline

Thanks for confirmation of your Dad's sad passing.

PPRuNe Moderators know many of our registered members, although the members may not know us as Moderators. Some Moderators of this forum knew Peter, in my case for the past forty years. I also visited him at his retirement home in Subic a few years ago.

User profiles can only be seen by Moderators and in Sharpies case, I would like to post his PPRuNe profile details for the benefit of those who only knew him from his PPRuNe posts.

Sharpie
Retired Tiger pilot

Sharpie registered as a PPRuNe User on 1 June 2001 and over the past eight years, made 442 posts. His last post was #2189 in this thread, on 23rd August 2009, 21:07, although his last visit 11th September 2009, 14:10.

His Licence type is ATPL, current type F28, interests "Yachting. PNG Aviation History" and occupation "Retired air pilot".

Those that knew him thought he'd been around forever, however his biography line states: "Born year of the Rat 1936 and live up to it!"

Indeed Sharpie! So true!

His location is given as: "Club Morocco. Subic Bay. Philippines". I know his home, on the hill overlooking his beloved yacht club, where I was fortunate to share more than a few San Migs with him.

I like to think Sharpie has arrived and is now enjoying a few coldies with many of his past friends and colleagues, Larry Blackman, Bryan Grey, Vince Sanders and so many others - or knowing Sharpie, again "The Angry Ant" aguing the merits of the PNG pilots strike with Junior and Bikkies!

His passing is a loss to all who knew him and to our PPRuNe community.

Pauline, our thoughts are with you and Peter's family in this time of loss.