PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farewell to "Sharpie".
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2009, 00:43
HANOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sharpie

Part of an email message from Subic Bay.....

Gentlemen,

Since I have written to you once before, in July, about Peter’s alleged trip to London, I have your email addresses, so I thought I should use them to pass on the very sad news that our good friend Peter died yesterday morning at 5 am in Subic Bay. He had been in and out of hospital with some minor complaints and a few tests, but sounded well on Saturday and was planning to come down to the Yacht Club on Sunday. However he didn’t make it.

I can’t tell you much more at the moment, but when I have more details I will pass them on. It seems that he may be moved to Manila on Tuesday.

I apologise if you already know, but thought it decent to write in case you had not been told.

He was a good mate and the very core of our sailing racing here in Subic Bay. He got four of us on the water about 5 years ago and we became the “Subic SAGS” (Saturday Afternoon Gentlemen’s Sailing). Currently races in Subic are now attended by many boats from Manila and we regularly have a dozen boats on the water. Not sure how we are going to do it without him, because he put so much time and competence into it! He will be sorely missed for any number of reasons.

I’ll keep in touch in the next day or so.