PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Muscat Muscateers
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2009, 06:27
cripton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ve been reading this thread for a while. Most things Jaws wrote are 98% true, of the working conditions anyway. The point is, (no disrespect to BHD’s country), this is not on the standard of a 1st world country. This is a 3rd world developing country, put emphasis on developing. This indicates that the ACC is below what most expats expect. Strips are still being used (lots of them); procedures are nudging to get into shape and form. Point is, don’t take your contract on promises of future salaries or new ACC or new procedures, it most likely won’t happen while you are in Oman. The thing is, because of the fact that Oman is a developing country, you can still drive out to the dessert or beach, go camping or fishing, enjoy time with you family, depends on your priorities. I’m not talking about camp sites; I’m talking about raw beach where you can swim or camp more or less anywhere you would like. So, my advise; let someone know (controllers if you don’t know anyone else) when you will be arriving at Muscat Airport, there most likely will not be anyone from DGMAN waiting. Most important, not that I think you will be there that soon, don’t sign your contract with start date from now till December, you can’t carry over leave, so if you sign to start let’s say November, you will only have 8 days leave for December every year.