PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Root & Branch review of defence spending announced"
Old 16th Sep 2009, 22:47
lasernigel

OLD RED DAMASK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All that you'd end up with is unco-ordinated street rioting by dumbed down unemployable hoodies in the northern post-industrial wastelands that would easily be dealt with by the police and would serve no political purpose except as a lever for more surveillance and more erosion of civil liberties
I resent the opinion that say the "Northern wastelands", I think there is enough or more than enough violence commited South of Watford. I served for 13 yrs in the Army and you will find that a lot of the poor young cattle fodder that are being lost in Afganistan are from the "North".

Not going away from the thread our politicians on both sides are so hypocricital of their attitude to " Defence of the realm" that it makes me sick to my stomach.
Defence is a priority in this time of fanatics and wayward regimes. Having a Nuclear deterent always gives the option of retaliation at it's most extreme, though I really hope it never comes to that.
Ever since Blair thought himself as a typical Labour politician to commit our troops to wherever he could without thinking about the consequences the "plot was lost".
STOP the waste and cut back the bureaucrats created by this tinpot government with a non elected leader.