PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beech A23-19 Musketeer facts anyone?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2009, 22:31
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by AN2 Driver
Ghengis,

usually 2 of us, but what is a CT anyway? Have not come across that one yet.

yes, the Arrow III/IV will do the trick, but are on the expensive side.

Currently there is a M20C and a Cherokee 140/150 in the closer consideration plus an Arrow II, all of which are 50 USG planes but have the advantage of fitting into the budget. Yea, I could wait and "save up" but somehow I believe if I'll do much more of that, I'll hang it up eventually before I get there. Renting has never been my piece of cake, nor sharing.

Also the fact that basically no advertized planes come with Mode S and the new ELT make for an additional dent in the budget as they will set one back at least 10k Euros (with install and EASA paperwork).

Best regards
An2 driver
This is the CTSW, which is the microlight version. The newer CTLS, which is on an EASA Permit may well be closer to what you want - the brochure is here.

I've only personally flown the older model CT2K but the performance and handling were both sparkling - the main drawback was the payload, which was pretty poor. The new CTLS, which I believe you can buy from P&M with an EASA Permit as a light aircraft solved the payload problem without ruining the rest.

It's quite a popular machine and there are a few syndicates running on them if you look around, or you'd probably not struggle to set up a syndicate and sell shares if you want to share the cost.

G