PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Root & Branch review of defence spending announced"
Old 16th Sep 2009, 22:27
Squirrel 41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jabba TG12

What an excellent post. Thank-you. However, I hope you're wrong; I fear you're right.

Norman Stanley Fletcher

I don't know what makes you think that,

"Since that time I have watched with ever-growing incredulity at the state of our armed forces. Alas, the people who run them have spent a huge amount of time and money ensuring there are enough homosexuals employed to keep Stonewall happy, but not enough ordinary folk to ensure we can effectively run a war."

is anything other than ignorant and unacceptable bigotry. Would you have typed this if you substituted "black" "yellow" or "female" for "homosexual"?

For the record, the small number of homosexuals I've worked with in the forces have been uniformly excellent and I'd follow them to war without question. They've put up with a huge amount of narrow-minded prejudice like yours, and they're fine officers - well above average.

I presume that there are some lazy chislers out there who happen to be homosexuals - and that there were some homosexuals in the forces before equality. I also know that there are some lazy chislers out there who happen to be heterosexual - and I'd suggest that you judge people based on their work ethic and skill, rather than who they are sleeping with.

And no, I'm not gay. But it shouldn't make any difference if I was.

S41