PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Is the worst of the Global Financial Crisis behind us?
Old 16th Sep 2009, 22:03
frigatebird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did my National Service during the Vietnam Era. How about you? Didn't go overseas then, and used the saved pay later to fund my Commercial flying lessons.
There will always be people who take the shortcut through the swamp if they think they can make it, rather than the hard road on the ridge around it. But when they bog the company bus then there will be others who will be affected. - 'Course for them it doesn't matter as long as they got more than their share of the mangos and bananas picked on the way. The Gordon Gekko's M'Lord.
Living on the edge and revolution for the sake of it has passed by for me. Years of striving for an on-time departure, a smooth ride, and a squeaker landing have left their mark.
Live your fantasies if you must, - just don't disrupt economies on a grand scale. There are 6 billion hard working other individuals in the world with a desire for what passes for financial security in their environment too.
Read once that, you don't get what you deserve you get what you negotiate. So true.
Only ever was suprised once, when I found an extra 10,000 in the contract to what I had negotiated.

That's the Rumour anyway.