PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Sep 2009, 19:40
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi JWFI

I had all sorts of grief with the form as well. You could as you suggest try filling it in,printing it then scanning it back into your computer as a file or files and attaching them to an email. I tried this but the system refused to accept the emails until I reduced them to under 5Mb although others here seem to have managed it.

I eventually sent the thing through the post but since then after a few experiments I discovered that with an Apple you can save a file as a PDF. This I did by taking all the scans and pasting them into a word processing document then used the save as PDF option. Bingo, problem solved.

I have no idea if Office XP or even god forbid Vista will let you do this but its worth a try. QA probably have half a dozen of my applications in various different formats but I think they prefer PDF so if you can get it into that format its probably better.

The only other way to produce PDF documents is to buy, borrow or steal a copy of Adobe Acrobat.It costs a lot of dosh but if you want the job badly enough... If you know someone with a Mac, then the Pages application will read .doc files and save them as a PDF as described above. Buy them a pint and ask nicely.
Alternatively, ditch the PC and get a Mac. Then even if you don't get the job, you will at least have a better computer

This may be part of the selection, under computer literacy in which case I am truly screwed.

Good Luck.

An even slower northerner. (Form obviously designed by a flash southerner)