PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR flight planning and navigation software I've written
Old 16th Sep 2009, 18:40
Tim Dawson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XX621, there's no WPF in SkyAngel right now. Thanks for your kind words about it. Could you possibly elaborate on how you'd use the mouse more to create routes? At the moment it's all mouse driven, unless you want to use the keyboard in which case you have F4.

Biggles, I'll definitely get SkyAngel InFlight working on those kinds of devices at some point. I just need to write my own GPS driver first. By the time the software is eventually released there will be a comprehensive help file, don't worry! I just want to get it to a stable point (stable as in no more significant new features or development) before I write it.

mstram, in the current release land masses disappear when zoomed in if there is no detailed coastline data loaded. This has been fixed in tomorrow's release; the less detailed edge data will be used. The terrain elevation files are not used to draw country outlines. I like the idea of some kind of zoom indicator because some people have become confused when certain entities have disappeared and there's no apparent way to get them back. I have to think about the best way to do it, though.

Editing user waypoints is possible in tomorrow's release by double-clicking them. In the current release, you have to delete and recreate.

I actually have a SkyAngel datafile for Canada which includes coastline, towns and airfields. If you want it, contact me through the SkyAngel site and I'd love to hear your feedback on it.

New release coming tomorrow with all sorts of exciting new features, such as weight & balance, notam filtering, airfield information "charts" etc etc.