PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Jet Commander Program?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2009, 17:49
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qbix, this is a structured 12 month contract, the Authorities approved the scheme base on the entire content, you cannot skip bits based on previous experience, nor can you jump ship in 6 months. I suspect the first 3 months will be tied up doing all the admin and local licence, then you may start to fly. Whether or not this is a good deal or not I can't say but for those of you with 4000+ hrs and a 737 NG rating, with time on type it may be worth a look, having said that Jakarta isn't the best place on the planet, Lion Air have an bad safety record, albeit they are trying to improve, but if you read local articles, the airlines have been wanting ex-pat experienced guys for years but the government will not let them employ non nationals. 30K is a lot when you consider the average wage is about 10us a month for the poor. 10,000 for ministers! Hmm makes one think, EJ can make hay while the sun shines, only problem is it can be blinding!! Having said that, it is a unique scheme. I know of only one other company that offers this and that's on the A320 in Europe, the demand is for 4000 JAR 145 jet and 500 PIC, no exceptions.