PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beech A23-19 Musketeer facts anyone?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2009, 14:33
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys, neat to see how quick the information is pouring in. If any of you has a chance to look at the POH of one, I'd be much obliged to see some data on what the manufacturer actually thinks these can do.

Re long haul, well, certainly not regularly and Ghengis, I am much in agreement about that Autopilot. Knowing my mission profile however and looking around what is there for the budget, this one seems very clean and exceptionally kept and it is the only one where at least the manufacturer seems to claim it can do these 800 NM if you need them. I have done 4+4 hour trips before and was forced to operate into "unfriendly" regions of the European GA where a simple pit stop can turn into 4 hours do battle with uncooperative or "suddenly closed" Avgas stations, horrendous handling claims or slots 4 hours away, apart, it's nice to be able to take cheap fuel when you can find it and use it where you can't. Nice to simply hop on board again knowing you have got that 3 hours left on board to go elsewhere.

Comparing it to a Warrior with 60 USG tanks would seem to work then and not be bad in the regard that I have actually been thinking about either a Cherokee 140/150 or a Cheetah with LR since I can't afford a HR100 which would do the profile nicely with 10 hours of fuel and about 140 KTAS.

I do get your concerns, in fact, that is why I ask. Looking at the fact that I am researching this one (getting wings) to death since about 3 years just makes it clear to me that what I really want does probably not exist within my budget. (800 NM range, 120-130 KTAS @ < 8 GPH) and that I will need to compromise or desist.

Best regards
An2 Driver

Last edited by AN2 Driver; 16th Sep 2009 at 16:25.