PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAS AIR... Would u drop your life savings off to them?
Old 16th Sep 2009, 13:43
madrace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ryan

As someone mentioned previously its good to see that you've been given advice from seemingly various corners of the industry...and I would like to add my views simply because I am an ex student of BASAIR although it has been a quite a few years now.

I agree with the majority that you should not pay upfront....but I'm saying that because I'm a few years wiser now and not because I got ripped off.

I don't know what the situation is like there now but I must stand by the instructors I had at that time. Even tho I was in a class containing some international students I managed to complete my CPL and MECIR in ten months, abt 2 weeks behind the schedule which was very well laid out for the whole year. It was run by 2 instructors who were both well versed with our progress and for the Multi/Comnd Inst Rtng we had another dedicated instructor. I must say again that all three were very proffessional, helpful, knowledgeable and skilled and were not just trying to get me to pass.

Off course am pretty sure none of those instructors are working for Basair these days so once again I cannot say what its like now. Mind you it wasn't as big a flying school then as it apparently is nowadays. So all this is just what I personally went through and I'm not for a moment suggesting that you disregard all the others good advice and go to Basair. I think after all thats what this thread is about...

Mate I'd say keep up the real research and you'll find what you need