PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas S.I.T. Forced Transfers Ballot
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2009, 11:27
600ft-lb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I agree there should be a call for volunteers.

Failing that, based upon a business decision, because in all reality, what can you expect a manager to base his decisions upon, why would you keep a 767 only licenced guy when you are turning around 747s, 737s, a330s and 767s when he could more suitably be used in base maintenance where depending on the crew 50% of the work is 767 related.

Theres no point sending the 330, 737 guy to base maintenance now is there.

The other thing that really does **** me in Qantas is that the squeaky wheels ALWAYS get the grease.. The guys who sit back and let the decision makers do their job always end up getting screwed.

The same thing will happen in this case, its just inherent with Qantas in general across the sections. The whingers have always gotten their way in regards to training, job applications etc.

At the end of the day, the guys who are redundant and who are made an offer of redeployment should just accept it and get involved in your new section. There is no point in looking back in what you think was YOUR deserved and owed personal job and making a 1/2 arsed attempt at the new position. Who knows you might enjoy it and it might even open up new career opportunities for you. Everything in life is what you make of it. Who cares if you aren't happy with the deal, your manager doesn't care, no one else in qf engineering cares, the union can't do anything, so just get on with it, adjust your mindset to suit and don't look back.