PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Domestic - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2009, 10:06
Brindabella24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have recently registered my interest for a flight attendant position at many Australian airlines and am pretty excited to hear your news flitegirl, especially as Qantas was the number one airline on my list that I'd like to work for.

I am a total newbie and would love to work from my home base of Perth. However I am worried that they will not even look at my application since I am new and because I have not yet attained my first aid certificate nor my RSA. I am doing these courses as we speak, but I worry because I had to tick no to having completed these on my application just now that I won't even get a look in.

What do you guys think of my chances? Will they still give me a go? I did see on their website that at the very least you need to have the appropriate personal paper work (passport, birth certificate etc) if you are invited to a recruitment day, so it makes me wonder if the fact that I don't have my first aid/RSA yet is ok, as long as I am going about doing it asap (which I am...I'm enrolled for the first aid course on Oct 1 and 2).

What are my chances in general? I am very eager and have plenty of life and hospitality experience. I suppose there will be a zillion people applying, all more qualified and ready with their paperwork than I. Will I sort of be putting in my application and then never hearing anything for a year or so?

What other airlines can you guys recommend to me out of Perth? I would move if I had to, but clearly that is not my first choice to do.

How often do they recruit anyways? Is it like a once a year thing? Once every few months? Only when there are vacancies? Are these recruitment days like open days? Or do they have both?