PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar BKK delay
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2009, 10:03
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

The delay itself isn't newsworthy, the fact that the punters were kept on board supposedly with no/ little/ poor air con, being charged for drinks is what made this delay more newsworthy than most others.

Of course there is no mention of the 88 diverting into MNL yesterday due tech issue, nor of the 29 also diverting into MNL due a typhoon in HKG, and the subsequent delay to passengers getting home from both MNL and HKG. The main reason there is no mention of these subsequent issues in the media is probably because no one was kept on an aircraft with no/ little/ poor air con and also being charged for drinks. I'd look also too for a friend of a journo on the southbound JQ flight and no one who is a friend of a journo on the remainder of the affected services.

Had my own experience (as a passenger) of a two hour delay last night BNE-SYD. Interesting experience watching it occur from inside the cabin. Confirmed a few things in my own mind about how to deal with these types of things in the future.