PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amerijet Strike!
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2009, 01:04
IslamoradaFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to Work Agreement

Good Afternoon All:

Your negotiating committee just concluded its conference call with Derry Huff, Isis Suria and Jim Walters (company attorney). We were able to satisfactorily address the open items of the CBA and the return to work issue.

The contract will be effective on October 1st however, those who are interested in flying prior to that date can do so by contacting crew scheduling via telephone or CrewNet (should be up and running later today) to bid open times as per the rules and regulations at Amerijet today. Per Derry you can bid the days that you want to fly and fly what you want per your seniority however, rest, etc. must be taken into account.

It has been clarified that, though the CBA is not effective until October 1, 2009, there will be no retribution of any of the strikers for we do have a “No Retribution LOA” and the company will not violate RLA and retaliate against its employees for union activity.

I do ask that those of you who need recurrent training contact scheduling as soon as possible to get scheduled for training prior to October 1, 2009, the new bid period.

The CBA will be signed shortly and all will receive it in booklet form for easy access. I am attaching a grievance form for your records in case you need one in the future. Please make sure to keep copies on hand at all times.

We shall be in touch soon. Please feel free to contact me should anything come up prior to my contacting you all.

In Solidarity,

Daisy Q. Gonzalez
Business Representative
Teamsters Local Union No. 769