PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2009, 23:26
traveller93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My posts were related to those that had finished their self-sponsored MPL. I was under the impression that there were at least a few self-sponsored MPLs that had finished.
You are indeed under the wrong impression. No self-sponsored cadets have finished the MPL. If they were, be sure that the news would be all over the world.

Can someone please bring some clarity to this thread please. Lets take the first batch that started CIA in January 2007. I.e 2 years and 9 months ago!

Were they all 50% sponsored by Cebu Pacific?

Were there any in the Jan/Feb/march batch that were self-sponsored?

If there were any self-sponsored cadets in the early batches, are you telling me they are still not finished? What are they doing? just sitting around?
See answer above. Only the 5J fully sponsored cadets are finishing the MPL.

I am completely lost. Self Sponsored cadets have paid their fee up to and including the 12 rotations in an A320. So why is CIA stopping this final part?
Only the CIA so-called management can answer your questions. That is why I'm saying that the present management must be, somehow, in the scam to fleece the poor souls out of their cash.

Lolo/Traveller, brainstorming by us three will not solve this problem because this seems to be purely a CIA decision. They obviously have reasons why they they are refusing to complete the MPL cadets 12 rotations.
You are right. This is really a CIA management problem and only they can explain why the 12 rotations are still outstanding for the self-sponsored cadets. Weren't we all told that ICAO was resolving all the problems?

Traveller, are you sure about this. Previous posts by Lolo suggested that the self-sponsored MPL cadets have valid licenses and are "ICAO Approved". this is why I assumed some self-sponsored cadets have finished.
Please don't tell me you still believe anything that clown writes here....

Anyway, in response to your question, yes there is nothing wrong with CIA bridging the gap between MPL (incomplete) and CPL/ ME IR. But because things are so complicated, there may be law suits because CIA may request more funds from self-sponsored MPL cadets who now wish to embark on the CPL IR, but those cadets will say that CIA should pay because of all the trouble they caused.
The bridging was only a way I thought would assist all involved to resolve the problem by providing the cadets with a valid licence. CIA would be ill advised to try to get any more cash out of anybody....

This is very very messy. Can someone please shed light. Lolo- who are you? A cadet (if so self sponsored?) or are you just an interested observer with some connections to CIA.
If I'm correct, you would be very surprised to know who this character is....

I am very confused.

Quote:
They are still missing the 12 rotations and that is the problem CIA is now (still) desperately trying to resolve.
What is there to resolve. If self sponsored cadets have paid for their full MPL training TR, then apart from there being a lack of aircraft, why aren't CIA providing the final part?
It only shows how incompetent they are. They can not even organize a piss-up in a brewery....

Sometimes I wonder if they are really aviation people.