PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2009, 21:52
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw this on the late night edition of Anglia News... Kudos to all those cabin crew at the cabin crew at the protest!

In the bulletin they claimed the airport receives £9 per passenger per return flight, with £5 going to the council and £4 to ABERTIS.

Seems like the council have told the protestors to sod off and go and speak to ABERTIS.

Should give all the Luton council tax payers a thought on where all these £5's are going! Cause it clearly isn't being reinvested in the airport at the moment!

Im no fan of Luton as a town, but this all very sad news for a town that seems to be making the news for all the wrong reasons at the moment... The failing football team, the racial tensions in the town, the possible demise of Vauxhall/IBC in the town, the recent drug dealer murders and now the possibility of these job cuts at easyJet.

Even though I am sure the council and ABERTIS do have a part to pay in easyJet's decision. Im sure this is not the whole story and easyJet could partly be using this as an excuse to reduce operations at the airport, which they could have done either way.

One the other hand (maybe I am living in hope), I notice the easyJet still haven't released the spring timetable and if they can get back around the table with the airport/council they may well be able to reach a compromise.