PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Leuchars Airshow Chaos??
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2009, 21:33
Liffy 1M

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I used the northern park-and-ride and had an effortless entrance and exit, so no complaints there. The atmosphere and overall organisation of the show was good and I enjoyed the varied flying programme. Well done to all concerned.

If I have one gripe, it is that virtually all of the static aircraft, including some particularly interesting aircraft (e.g. German special colours Tornado and Atlantic, Czech An-26, Gripen and L-159, Polish C295) were tightly hemmed-in by metal barriers and impossible to obtain a decent photograph of. I'm sure that this is of no consequence to most of the public who attend but it is something that repeatedly frustrates the enthusiasts who are actually most likely to appreciate these more "exotic" attendees. It would be great if there was more "breathing space" for at least some of the static exhibits, so that we could obtain some half-decent photos on the day.

I would also mention the distinct lack of Tornado F.3s - of those on public view, the nicest one ("JU") was tucked in a corner of a fairly dark hangar, another was surrounded by the aforementioned barriers and the third, which flew, did not display as such, making only one flypast with the Cobham Falcon 20s. As the type enters its final months of service it would have been very welcome if a few more could have been towed out for viewing at this, their final base.