PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Purpose of boarding card 'check' at aircraft door
Old 15th Sep 2009, 14:07
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness

If you are not SLF then what are you doing posting on the SLF forum?? We are all SLF at some point when we travel are we not? Incidentally you do not pay my wages my employer does. As for tone you are really clever if you can read that into a post that has no voice content or visual body language.

I just get a little tired of pax (note the PC language) questioning every single procedure I carry out for the employer who does pay my wages in the name of safety. Only the other day I was questioned to my face so I can observe both on :

A) Why it was necessary for an infant to be secured in an infant seatbelt during turbulence at a time when the pilots had PA'd the CC to take their seats and baby was bouncing literally on the tray table next to me

B) Why we cannot have the widow blinds open for take off/landing. The short answer is because I'm telling you you can't when securing the cabin as it is a safety regulation. If you want the in depth reason read the recomendations as to why this regulation applies post Kegworth.

C) Why my Ipod has to be switched off on take off and landing? It's so you can hear commands from the CC or pilots in the "unlikely event" something happens on take off/landing. If you are listening to "I will survive" at full blast and are told to brace and don't you probably won't!

A reasonable instruction from the crew of an aircraft forms part of the air navigation orders which you have to obey without question whether or not you feel you have the right to question them......that includes the carriers right to ask you to produce a boarding pass. Don't like it?? Then go by train and pay their wages instead