PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas S.I.T. Forced Transfers Ballot
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2009, 12:33
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I'd stated earlier in this thread, this compulsory shift of a few engineers from S.I.T. to Base was not going to be pretty, and the management seem to be succeeding in what they set out to do. Destabilise the troops and have them slanging off at one another, and who's better than who, and which section is better than which. The old divide and conquer reigns supreme, and a precentage of blokes look for the first opportunity to have a dig at one another, while management carve up the company and pull the rug out from underneath us.

Unless I'm mistaken, don't we all work for QANTAS? Why is engineering at Base better or worse than S.I.T. or S.I.T. better or worse than Base and Domestics, and why is there a difference in the "quality" of engineers between the sections and the way things are done? We all are supposed to work by the same manuals and carry out the tasks as required. Unfortunately, a certain few have a certain way of doing things, and unless it's their way, it's not up to scratch.

I guess this perception is spread by a miserable few that felt they were above others that should have gone to the terminal and didn't get to go, or should have gone to Domestics and didn't get to go, so then slag off at those that went, and spread their own misery amongst those that stayed behind.