PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Purpose of boarding card 'check' at aircraft door
Old 15th Sep 2009, 12:26
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of SLF who feel they have the right to question the standard operating procedures of the carrier they choose to fly with usually because they cannot be bothered to either read or listen to instructions. It is usually the CC who get the butt of this on boarding and also during flight.
First of all I am not "Self Loading Freight" I am the customer paying your wages so refrain from speaking to me in that tone. Secondly, if I thought you read the Terms and Conditions of your mobile phone bill or car rental agreement before signing I would take you seriously but almost nobody does. The clue here is that people think it is yet another check at the long line of many other demeaning checks, it is also one that other nations don't feel the need to impose within ten feet of the last check at the gate. I might also add that we don't need your permission to question something that seems to be utterly pointless. If there is a clear compelling reason, most people buy into it no problem. The clue here is that this doesn't seem to be occuring.

So bite your tongue, suck it up or find another career.