PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2009, 09:35
Pat42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Original post by lemmingsjump

Right, now to browse these pages again to find out what stage 2 really involves! From what other people have said I see there's not much people think that can be done for preparation, but does anyone have any advice other than sleep well the night before?
I've not sat mine yet, but from what everyone says there isn't a lot you can do to prepare for stage 2. There's also not a lot of info available about what it involves, though you may find a bit on these forums. There was a bit of info on the FEAST tests on wikipedia a while ago, but it has since been removed (presumably by Eurocontrol). I think you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement or something like that when you sit the FEAST tests, so no-one is allowed to talk about its content.

The HR lady at my stage 1 told us that the best prep you can do for stage 2 was to commit to some serious playstation time (I kid you not) and to make sure you are well rested for the day itself. I've been trying to find games that test similar abilities to those that the tests are designed to. I don't know how directly relevent these are, but can't do any harm and they are quite fun. Check out:

Multitask | Armor Games - really fun multitasking game (my top score so far is 263 - I have played this far far too much)

DACHSER Global Player Reloaded - this is a logistics game that also pushes your multitasking, fast thinking and reactions

Set Daily Puzzle - fun puzzle game involving sorting objects by shape, size, colour etc.

ATC-SIM: a web-based air traffic control simulator - free browser based atc simulator. Not 100% realistic, but a lot of fun (be careful, this can eat hours of your day before you realise it)

Air Traffic Controller - Free Online Game on FavPlay - another free atc sim, spoilt a little by the stupid pop-up man who yells at you and gives you "pay-cuts" if you loose seperation

If anyone who has sat Stage 2 has a little more detail about what the tests actually involve I'd really appreciate it - even if there's nothing to do to prepare I know I'll feel a lot more confident if I have some idea what is going to be thrown at me.

Last edited by Pat42; 15th Sep 2009 at 09:45.