PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kingfisher rising like a phoenix
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2009, 05:29
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moderate Clarification

Jet issue is definitely not an expat issue on the surface. It is the local pilots who are trying their level best to get the expats out and it is the local pilots who are the bad apples in this case. A few are spoiling it for the others.

I am not privy to how the HR actually handled the issue here in India, but from my understanding a pink slip is a pink slip anywhere in the world (recipient of one myself and regardless of how nicely they do it you still feel a boot up your backside as in the end you are still a foreigner and you go first).

In the bigger picture the DGCA probably in typical rushed manner did not think the entire policy out and did not lay down guidelines considering that Indian pilots would start crawling out of the wood work as soon as thier parents realized it was a high paying field. If clear and precise direction and skill and experience as well as grade levels and other such things were laid out then the airlines would have a path to tread. Black or white and not shades of grey. Unfortunately this is a the bane of the country that operates on knee jerk.