PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What altitude will you fly after a missed visual approach?
Old 14th Sep 2009, 19:37
9.G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cut the long story short I avoid flying visual approaches as much as I can for the all aforesaid reasons. In case needed clear instructions are requested for a go around. Methinks ATC fellas might put an end to the debate with a conclusive answer.
DFC, J.T has nailed it. My understanding of performance class A aircraft under EU OPS is to be assumed using IFR based on PANS OPS design criterion. As mentioned before certain aerodromes might impose additional minima like VIS ceiling (not VFR) and a clear pictorial and written procedures must be made available to the crew. This thesis is simply confirmed by a restriction imposed by operators AOC annexes and part A restriction to fly VFR.
Regardless of whatever IAP you fly, whenever visual cues are acquired and landing can be performed safely nothing precludes one from doing so. Conversely, whenever visual references are lost, even-though they were established at the minimum etc a go around must be performed.

Dear moderators if we could get a conclusive answer from ATC guys please much appreciated.
Cheers