PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS latest "brainwave" to save money
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2009, 16:31
Del Prado

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
We hope to save NATS somewhere in the region of £xxx per year. Of course the downside with inefficient use of airspace (something you, our lovely customers are always badgering NATS about) is that you fine chaps will have to fly further and for longer. The cost to you chaps will most likely be more than the saving to NATS.
TBH, I'd rather they brought in all these ill conceived and badly thought out procedures and I hope everyone will do their damndest to not make it work. It's only when the airlines start to see the costs (fuel and staffing) on their bottom line that they'll actually sit up and take notice of just how badly this company is being run.

and before BDiONU et al sit up and quote delays and profits, I'm talking about the sustainabliity of the present system which rewards short termism with hefty bonuses, pays dividends through asset stripping and can now barely staff some of the busiest ATC locations in the world through overtime.

And don't even get me started on reporting delays due staffing as weather regs or claims the AMAN debacle did not cause any diversions.