PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI(R) rating
Thread: FI(R) rating
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2009, 15:46
PD210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flyhighspeed300,

+ how do you get your first job, when so many people are now in the same position as me with a Frozen Atpl licence and i am a year on without any flying job and ratings to renew
No Sir, it is very simple. You have what's called a little self respect and, equally important in this business, respect for others. They sort of go hand in hand don't they. If you were at my school I'd have zero respect for you I'm afraid. It is what I and countless others would think the same too. You will struggle to be taken seriously by anyone around you if you are teaching for nothing.

There are too many whores prostituting themselves in this industry. Your attitude doesn't really help I'm afraid. Personally speaking, I'm too proud to work for free. I am a current, busy flying instructor and wouldn't dream of doing it voluntarily. But then again, I have never been too desperate to contemplate what you may suggest doing. And if your CV landed on my desk offering your services for free, it would be recycled in a nanosecond.

one of my main reasons to work for free is that the more hours i have the more an airline or bussiness jet company may take me on, in the further.
I guess you have just a little bit more to learn. Don't forget being an FI means you have to teach people how to fly. If you are so concerned about building hours then you may have to think of some other options. It's not all about hours. Sure it helps. Just tread carefully, keep your head held high and, please don't do yourself a disservice and work for free. Remember, you have a blue book now. It's a CPL and it allows you to earn revenue as a pilot...

I wish you all the best