PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows 7 snagging thread.
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2009, 14:58
Sprogget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, it may have been a helpful thing to have included network & internet connection problems on the os itself.

I am contemplating whether or not to build 7 on the box I use at work all day, every day. I have done this before with one or other of the beta builds & run into a few problems & as a result, I'm back on xp. The old adage if it ain't broke probably applies to windows 7 - if you have a working machine that is important to you, why change? My trouble is I can't leave it alone, I always want to see what's around the next corner & on the whole, that attitude hasn't burnt my fingers too badly & it helps one to learn a trick or two along the way.

I've had my full version of 7 on for a week now & it's pretty flawless still. I use media centre, firefox, livemail, excel, word, flash player, adobe reader, all the mainstream stuff & they all work just fine, as does a small home network. It is still update heavy, running at four or five a day so far, although nothing over the weekend - but I'm trying to find broken stuff in it & failing.