PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows 7 snagging thread.
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2009, 14:45
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sprogget keep up the great work

Call me a bit of a bottom dweller if you like, but I think this tread is going to gain momentum - W7 seems to have the potential of being a first class operatiing system given time. Its the poor idealists; who collect the early real life flack once new operating systems are unleashed into the expectant gaze of the real world.

I can imagine that the final release will be a bit slower in some ways; when compared to the pre releaase candidates. Think of security and memory handling at code level etc.

I will come clean, having had the experence of having taken the brunt of commercial damage caused by a major software upgrade; not Windows by the way, I'm like many of the "eternaly cautious" out here, watching the progress of the brave in implimenting Win 7 - I'm an XP and Ubuntu troll who will have to bite the bullet re W7 in the near future.

Without trawling through the forums of the mags, the shared postings of hitches and their fixes, are useful for the great silent masses who eyeball here. Its the long term niggles that really do effect attitudes to consumer operating systems. Think of Visa for example. PS you are right about online help - but its saves disk space.

CAT III

Last edited by Guest 112233; 14th Sep 2009 at 14:46. Reason: punct.