PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What altitude will you fly after a missed visual approach?
Old 14th Sep 2009, 11:27
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it hillarious that at Man you would hook it into a visual circuit. I have actually been in that very situation of having a visual missed approach at Man on that very runway due to Air France doing there usual and stuffing up everyone crossing the active. Went around from 500ft followed the ILS missed approach got handed over to radar and vectored in for another go. Off 23R with a left circuit you would get right in the way of 23L out bounds. If you did a right hand circuit appart from the noise complaints you would probarly get it in the ear because half of the trafford center would phone the police thinking that another 9/11 was kicking off.

I don't think a bunch of pilots are going to decide this, I suspect we are going to have to get some ATC input and I suspect that it will be very different depending which country they are from.

And I can now see why so many old but not bold skipper's will refuse point blank to do a visual approach.