PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Working on the A380
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2009, 04:49
stubby jumbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree Ditch,

I had the absolute "pleasure" (sic) of doing one about 6 years back.

What a mistake ! Never again !

You have the nobs from Croydon Travel "attempting" to call the shots.......wanting crew to turn a blind eye to some of the shenanigans that passes off for "getting their moneys worth".

75% of the punters could not give a rats rissole for the view of the ice shelf.

Its all about getting as p!s--ed as humanly possible -to see in the New Year.

They had to bring in 2 Cleaning teams when the AC arrived back in MEL ....as there was spew on walls, seats, and assorted crap all over the kite.

The crew put in a Safety Report after the flight and heard "jack" back from the gnomes in the office. I won't go into detail here of the nature of the Report -but when we informed the Capt of the flight -what had happened on FINALS-he went off his rocker !

So to take the flying Croissant down there is asking for trouble.

Please don't respond by accusing crew of breaching the RSA policy as the punters smuggled booze on in LARGE QUANTITIES ( even had "goon bags" strapped to their backs.) We even had to have a crew member positioned down at Right -5 to stop pax going up to the bunks-wanting to join the mile high club

The only way they will work is to search all pax for booze BEFORE boarding.
Hire at least 6 burley Tongan security guards and keep the seat belt sign on for long periods of time. (I hear the updrafts at minus 55 degrees south can be bad !)

In 23 years of flying-that is by far the most arduous flight I have ever done and will never do one again !