PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2009, 22:58
SKOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage1

Hi Sebby K, the stats of a 90 percent fail as Pat42 puts it, is interesting. It makes stage 1 sound difficult but even though I am yet to sit mine on the 25th of this month, I have to say that the stage 1 papers should be the more manageable cos at least we KNOW what to expect unlike stages 2 and 3. Regarding the stats I believe I have a good explanation ( not sure where u sourced the info from though) below:

NATS' entry requirements to sit stage 1 one is no more than passing your GCSE's with at least C's in English & Maths. I mean lets face it, how difficult can this be?! That allows a large pool of people to go through to stage 1 but that's where the real examination kicks in so I will not be too surprised at the 90% fail if accurate (i bliv it's a bit too high though).

For those of us who are lucky to be on this forum, except your desire is not up to scratch to be an ATCO, the advice given by people here is more than enough to see you through if you really want it.

I am very confident of passing stage 1 because of all the help and advice since joining this forum. Like someone said on this thread, we know what to expect so just practice, practice, practice............! I mean VFFX went as far as cutting pieces of cube nets and making questions out of them for the spatial reasoning tests - now that to me is passion and I can learn from that!!!

My major concern though I have to admit is those awful online selections tests but like others have adviced - I shouldn't worry abt them as they are unlikely to be used in the criteria for stage 1 (hopefully!!).

Thank you all guys for your help!