PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 13th Sep 2009, 20:57
fly2AK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Primeco....The allowance can get you by but depending on your family size it may not cover everything. With the new rates it will make it a bit more difficult. The allowance of 14,000 Dhs is enough to cover a 2 bed room in a reasonable area. Every situation is different and you must evaluate for yourself what is reasonable and what is not, you can find 3 bedroom places for 150,000 Dhs per year, but remember that is rent only. You may need to buy furniture, appliances, cable and you will need to pay for electricy, internet and gas. All that extra increases your need for living expenses and will cut into your salary and right now no one other than TRE's/TRI's are flying much over 50 hrs per month. I know it is pretty lengthy and vague answer for what seemed like a simple question, but I hope it helps. I want to make sure you make the best decision you can and have honest information. You will not be able to commute, the rosters won't allow it. The rumblings out there and in here are regret for some and disappointment for others because of the rosters/schedules are not what was to be expected. We will see if they change since we are a new airline, but as of now the rosters are not good for commuting or taking a trip to explore the region. You don't work much, but you sit on standby a lot when not flying. Good luck, I hope this helps you and everyone else reading this bored.