PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Injured soldiers to be encouraged to leave armed forces
Old 13th Sep 2009, 19:35
cornish-stormrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8-15, I would have jumped at the chance of an extended stay at MPA for rehab, all I would need would be an extra thick wetsuit and a mine detector for the beach. One stuffed spine, two operations with no success and rehab for the rest of my life does not equate the war pension. TBH I would have rather had better care when injured and I would have stayed in. Ho Hum.

I agree lard arses should go - but fitness needs to be a bit more tailored to the person. I am now two stone heavier than when I was in, but today just cracked a 2K swim for the first time and felt damn good doing it, never felt that good when I was in and classed as fit either.

Fitness, both medically and physically needs to be addressed and like other posters have said there must be plenty of jobs at main building that could be done by an injured serviceman. Lets face it the jobs cant be that hard - civ serpents do it.

After finishing my reserve this year I still miss the life but I would be a liability as a drug addled feeb so I'm glad I left.

Oh, and a message to all the gym queens and suchlike, skinny runners ain't the be all and end all of it. just because a bloke is carrying a few pounds don't write him off. Did you see warship last week where the royal was struggling to pick up that body dead weight?

Gotta go, it's time for drugs!
CS