PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 13th Sep 2009, 17:16
FlyBoyFryer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stefair,

I suspect you will. In fact, I would go so far as to say... count on it!

I got severely messed around (could use more colourful language than that but it's a Sunday afternoon) by CAE in this respect when I did my RyanAir 737 MCC course with them last year February. Not only did they lie open-faced to us when I queried this which you're asking (i.e. would we have to undergo a sim ride check during the RYR interview - it had been specifically PROMISED to us that we wouldn't) but they then also took over 3 months to arrange that interview after we passed (which was no mean feat considering the crap instruction on offer). All of which meant recency of sim skills had pretty much gone out the window by the time I got to East Midlands for the interview proper. CAE even had the audacity to claim they had helped us out by saving us the cost of the sim ride... which we were never meant to take in the first place!! So, if you can keep smiling after being lied to AS WELL AS stay hot on a full motion sim after time away (your interview may not happen for months... you have to consider that it could take even longer than it did for the group I was in?!), good luck to you.

I acutally took the matter to a solicitor here in the UK (after being effectively lied to by CAE) - I was informed that I did have a legal case but it would be difficult to prove given international law and that it's not a simple case of mis-representation (it's more complicatedthan that but I won't bore you with the details here - PM me if you want to).

True's Bob - CAE got their highly paid lawyers to weasle their way out of it by sprouting all kinds of nonsense and then finally pointing me to a court of law in Belgium if I wanted to take things further. Obviously, the prospect of taking a large company to court in another country is daunting to say the least - consider the financial implications to begin with?

The cherry on the top? I still have copies of both CAE and RyanAir's website pages which connfirm that no sim ride would be necessary if you did the MCC with CAE - this information was still publicly listed after I had completed the MCC course! When my solicitor started formal correspondence with CAE, both companies very quickly changed their websites!

Critically, you will find no reassurance of not having to sit a sim ride after completing a CAE MCC on their websites now.

Again, and if you would like proof, PM me and I'll send you copies of the web pages they had before I kicked off all hell with them...

In Summary:

Avoid CAE at all costs is my advice - they are unscrupulous and don't give a flying monkey (excuse the pun) about trainees. Line 'em up, hose 'em down... move on! Rinse, repeat, et al.