PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amerijet Strike!
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2009, 14:50
jdflyer51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am an ABX pilot who has seen all of this since the beginning. It is hard for me to read posts that are negative of the striking workers for Amerijet. Most of us would not work under the conditions that they have endured. They have not asked for much of anything. Proudly, I have witnessed great assistance from various unions across the board. This outpouring of support has made me proud. I wish that all of our union leaders such as Hoffa had capitalized on the astounding support given to this group. As far as naming names. I have actual names directly from the manifest to go along with pictures of some Cargojet pilots. Congress should look at the actions of Cargojet in future discussions of cabotage. It got to the point where we named POS scabville due to the fact that so many were housed there. I will never know why another group elects to go on strike. However, I do know the meaning of a picket line. There is a lot of stuff that could have been done better, but that is always true. Unfortunately, we do not all have the expertise of a Bob Miller to lead us. The results are meaningful however. My thanks to all of the Amerijet strikers.