PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silver Air UAE
Thread: Silver Air UAE
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2009, 03:36
highnlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting thoughts when it comes to the danish people who came into management ! If you are saying what I think you are saying, then more company owners should be alerted when they hire new managers. The exit of Sterling Airways brought a good number of people, pilots and managers to the region.

I don't think you should blame Dubai or UAE the way things went in Silver Air. For the time being, the opportunities for aviators are in the Middle East. More so than in others places around the world. The area has a lot to offer. But when you are part of a company that is brought to an abrupt halt after only a few months of operation because of..................(fill in the blank), and you have to wait for weeks before the money arrive on your bank account, well then I can understand your feelings.

Silver Air did not reach a position in Middle East aviation where you can say it played a significant part of it. That is probably why we see so little interest for the company here on pprune. But for the people who worked there it was significant. The company gave them a job, they moved to Dubai from different corners of the world, only to see a promising airline go belly up after a few months. Sad.