PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Pilots Strike
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2009, 17:32
alouette3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last I checked it was a collective effort.

Really? How is it then that your aircraft are on the ground and flights are being cancelled by the hundreds? Maybe a little 'collective effort" from the ticket sellers and the ground staff can get them flying again.

The losses any airline bears is generally due to poor management.Yet the guys upstairs never hesitate to ask for a paycut from the workers while giving themselves fat bonuses and great perks.

Is it just me or does'nt anybody see the big picture? It is not about the pay,it is not about expats it is all about two pilots getting fired because they wanted to start a union.Does that not raise any red flags to anybody? Wannabe, Apache, Agent 123? Are you guys that much afraid of your jobs that you are willing to trade your self respect to a corporation that is acting illegally?If Jet had wanted to avoid this all they had to do was to call those two guys in along with a bunch of senior pilots and worked to resolve the differences. But no, that would be a sign of weakness and bowing down to the labour. Never happen In India. So they chose to take the illegal route. Well, we have a saying here: what goes around comes around. Whichever way this issue is resolved Jet has lost a lot of money in the last week or so. Neither the airline nor it's pilots can recover that ever.All because Goyal and his hired guns (like you guys) refused to understand that the fear mongering from Jet is all part of Union busting.Enjoy the coming carnage, gentlemen---- and I use that word loosely. Anybody who calls a fellow professional on a public forum a moron is not a gentleman at all. No matter how much you disagree with each other.
For the record, I do not fly for Jet or any other airline in India.
Alt3.