PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2009, 15:25
Pat42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did the online tests and my performance on the calculation part was terrible so very worried abt it's impact after i sit my atc papers for stage 1
I did complete this test but as to the results/feedback I havent received anything back at all. Nothing was mentioned at my S1 and to be honest it's a bit confusing. The NATS literature places emphasis on you completing this yet it seems to have no impact whatsoever on wether you can or can't sit your S1, so who knows...
From what I can tell, know one really seems to know quite what the importance of these tests are. Entry into stage 1 is not dependent upon them, though NATS do stipulate that you have to complete them before attending stage 1 most people get their invite to S1 before or at the same time as the invite to take the online tests. If I had to hazard a guess I'd reckon that NATS might judge the results of these tests alongside the results of your S1 pen & paper tests when deciding whether or not you make it through to stage 2.

I wouldn't worry too much about it if you struggled on them. They are really tight for time and I think everyone finds them hard.... I thought I did pretty poorly on them in comparison to how I did at the S1 test day, but still got through to S2.

Can anyone enlighten me as to how to access these online tests? Do they mean the practice tests on the SHL website?
You should have had an email titled "TRAINEE AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL RECRUITMENT - INVITE TO ONLINE TEST" at around the same time as you got the invite to S1, this has the relevent link in it. If you've not had it I recommend contacting HR ([email protected])