PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Pilots Strike
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2009, 14:42
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yaba daba Gabu

frustration levels were peaking, and incidently these was showing in the DFDR recordings with a dramatic increase in hard landings and small incidents.
Ouch that is scary, more the reason he should get rid of such a frustrated bunch! Learn to diffrentiate professonal and personal.

Thirdly, let me ask any american or european here, can we as indians come to your country and fly as senior captains ahead of all the other pilots flying there
Under US labor laws the answer to your above question is yes. If there is a shortage of a skill in an industry that cannot be filled by Green Card/US citizens then a company is allowed to not only recruit but also apply for his work permit (more commonly known as an H1) provided he gets equal fair pay and is not subject to exploitation while in the US. This is applicable to all nationalities. However the reason why Indians have not gotten the opportunity to do so is because the US already has an over supply of skilled (read many hours) pilots/FO etc etc and is churning them out faster than here in India. Therefore as per US law no shortage no outside employment. Take your grouse to the Indian labour laws as they make the rules which one has to play by! I can't speak for Europe.

And lastly India being a democratic country, we are exercising our "right to form an association" written under the constitution of india
As he is excecising his right not to accept it. 2 way street.

It is for these reasons it was decided to form a union and to get our demands met and make our airline a safer and more employee friendly airline
Pray tell me how it will be a safer airline if the pilot has to take instructions from 2 bosses ie goyal and the union whip? Not to mention the hard landings due to frustration!