PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades??
Thread: Upgrades??
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2002, 21:21
TikkiRo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Paxboy - nature of my secondary condition means I not only have to use 2 crutches for extended walking, but also have no option but to use a w/c at airports as I can't cope with queues at all - ask me to stand for 5 mins and I'm on the floor with weakness (no jokes please!). At any rate, it's usually pretty obvious I'm having difficulties as my pain levels alone will wipe me out before I even get as far as check-in. It IS really only the longhaul flight I'm looking for some help with as it will be the killer.

Now for the laugh - I've held off saying about this as I know what the response is going to most likely be - BUT I'm heading out to SA to finish off my PPL - did 2/3 of it there last year (courtesy of the RIAT scholarship) and want to get my licence this time round if possible. My pain problem is the primary reason for not wanting to be pushed into a flare-up - I'm already having to cope with once again coming off decent pain relief for the duration of the summer, but have got other modalities in place to assist in keeping it relatively under control. Long flights in restricted seats don't help. I'm more than aware of what I face in every respect, but am determined to get my PPL so will endure whatever it takes - once I get there I'll be fine as the heat will make a huge difference as will the rest outside of the training.

So thank you for your thoughts on this - every bit helps give me a better idea of what to expect or try - can only hope I get somebody nice at check-in on the night!

Thanks again
TR

PS - LIKE S. Africa?? - flip, I've fallen for the country so badly I'm putting myself in tons of debt to go out there again (not just for the flying either!). Seriously - found the people wonderful and the land interesting. The high Rand to Pound exchange rate is doubly attractive just now. The Air School (43rd) is exceptional in my view and training is excellent, another good reason for me to kill myself to get back out there again.

Last edited by TikkiRo; 5th Jun 2002 at 21:28.