PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Is the worst of the Global Financial Crisis behind us?
Old 12th Sep 2009, 11:57
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Che cows with guns
Titan 404 what world are you living in of course we are being driven by China and in the future India.
Bullsh*t. We are being driven by the US/EU’s demand for cheap goods and services from China and India. China and India don’t have the natural resources and energy they need to supply this demand and therefore they buy a lot of it from Australia. That is also the reason why they are trying to buy our miners. So they can control the resources at a price that suites them and not the market.

The US GDP is still about 7 times the Chinese. EU is about the same as the US. US population 260 million. Average income US$50000.00. Chinese population 1.3 billion. Average income US$500.00. One billion of their population live in poverty. You do the maths. As I said the Chinese are an export economy. The Indians are predominantly a service economy for foreign companies and governments. They do not have the internal demand to drive their economies anywhere near the levels that is required to grow. Without exports and without government stimulus these economies would contract. Fact.

The US, together with the EU and Japan are the drivers of the world economy. The rest are just going along for the ride.

Regarding swine flu, tourism, the sugar industry, gold miners etc I could pick that apart as well but I don’t have the time right now.