PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR flight planning and navigation software I've written
Old 12th Sep 2009, 11:18
Tim Dawson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CRX, I'm going to spent some time next week investigating whether it was a bad idea for us to go with the Microsoft GPS driver on mobile devices. If not all of them have it, we'll have to change to another one. Thanks for bearing with me!

Tone, there's a bug in the most recent version that doesn't allow you to graphically plot closed routes. The best workaround is to hit F4 and enter your final waypoint manually.

MrAdorable, the forthcoming version allows changing of units including fuel units. I'm going to make the PLOG somewhat configurable at some point, including fuel data. There's now a Page Setup button on the PLOG viewer that makes A5 selection easy. As for colours, hopefully that will be part of the PLOG configurerer at some point.

Max_UK, none of the showing and hiding of airspace functionality affects what comes up in the enroute features window. This is currently by design, although I can see it makes less sense with the weekend view. Something to think about.

yakker, unfortunately a bug in the latest public release means that user waypoint coordinates are displayed in the PLOG instead of its name. This has been fixed ready for the next version. As for the PLOG configuring, see above. I did say in the release notes that the list of aircraft would only contain one aircraft in this version. It'll be expanded to allow creation of multiple aircraft in the next version.

Cartman: thanks. This was a parsing error to do with the direction of arcs.
Julian, I'd like to see that too. At some point we will invest in actual commercial map data and lakes, major roads, railways and rivers will appear.

One feature I hope everyone will be pleased to see in the next version that has already been completed is Weight and Balance.