PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Is the worst of the Global Financial Crisis behind us?
Old 12th Sep 2009, 04:27
Cravenmorehead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All good stuff from some quite educated fellows. A good read if this thread turns your crank as it appears too do for many is Ozonomics by Andrew Charlton, printed by Random House, and Paul Kelly's book which I can hardly put down called March of Patriots.
Frankly to call the share Market a gambling house is ludicrous and crap, and by the way Australia is not printing excess money as one PPRuner said. If this were so the Australian dollar would be like the Pound and US dollar ie shrinking. Not at near record levels as it is now. The function of a low oil price, high Aussie dollar, mineral wealth and a hungry China and India not to mention the rest of Asia = what do you reckon. You don't have to be a rocket surgeon to figure it out.
The property market who cares? It always finds it's level. You always need somewhere to live.
The GFC in Australia was: an over reaction: in hindsight it seems we have applied to much stimulus, which will be backed off in time.
I think Kev and his advisers, the RBA and their board, and all the boffins have it sorted.
My prediction 12 months of low growth, then a bit of a slow boom for 5 years. All Ordinaries at 5000 by 2009's end, the Crows/Dragons for the flags, and buy Myer shares.
But then again I bought some of Babcock and Brown's satellite companies