PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Is the worst of the Global Financial Crisis behind us?
Old 11th Sep 2009, 22:35
frigatebird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll have to print that ! I know bugger-all about real estate. Have been too busy trying to stay employed around and in the Pacific. My family has lived in the house I paid cash for when I repatriated my National Provident from my first gig overseas now over 20 years, while I have only seen its insides about 5 or 6 total. As I sent money home regularly, and had to rent as well, there wasn't much left over to speculate with, and something followed from a distance can be fraught with just too much risk. It wasn't my passion anyway, so I guess I will just have to die poor because I couldn't Multi-task enough. But what gets me is the number of people who think there is no tomorrow, that they can do anything they like and there will be no consequence. Different generation I guess, they will inherit their consequences too, and even if they try to shift the blame, I for one will be glad it bites into their expectations.